Saturday, June 14, 2008

June 14 News

Barringer Wins Title

One of the most decorated and successful runners in Colorado history, Jenny Barringer again showed her prowess in Des Moines, breaking her collegiate record in the 3000 meter steeplechase by a astounding 4.75 seconds. The run just over 9 minutes was the second fastest time ever run by an American and 5th fastest time this year in the world. Barringer was part of the US National Team last year.

Bubble Talk

So apparently Oklahoma State is finally getting a practice bubble this year. I was under the impression Boone Pickens had already built them everything except a winning program so it was shocking that even the land-deprived and liberal non-spending Colorado Buffaloes adminstration had beaten Boone, I mean OSU. It does sound like CU has the weakest bubble but I am guessing once you have a bubble up, it will serve its purpose just fine.

No comments: