I know, I know how can I say anyone fits well with the Detroit Lions? You're all probably wishing Dizon didn't get stuck in Detroit which has done nothing but kill themselves by taking wide receivers, possibly employing the worst GM in the history of the NFL and making poor free agent decisions. But look at it this way... he is playing for a no nonsense coach that has a defensive background and doesn't care about the typical draft-defined attributes like "sneaky quick" or "plays well in space". Marinelli likes hard nose football players and that is what Dizon is and will be. Second, the Lions depth at LB leaves something to be desired. Gilbert Gardner, Alfred Fincher, Buster Davis, Alex Lewis and Paris Lenon don't strike fear in anyones eyes. It is logical to think that Dizon will step into a starting role on Day 1 and it is his job to lose. Yes, I forgot one LB and that is Ernie Sims. Sims is a flat out stud that Dizon can learn from since he is also an undersized LB. And finally, the Lions don't play in a division that prevents them to contend. Hopefully for Dizon he is able to stay healthy possibly by bulking up because the opportunity is definitely there in Detroit.
Here is Jordon's conference call with the media yesterday
No comments:
Post a Comment